Just like physical conditions, the VA evaluates mental conditions and assigns ratings due to their severity. In terms of service-connecting PTSD, a Veteran can receive a rating of 0%, 10%, 30%, 50%, 70% and 100%. Let’s discuss the rating of 70% to better understand the ratings.
A Veteran who is rated at 70% suffers from all of the symptoms assigned at 50%, but to a higher degree. Stressful circumstances prove especially difficult for the Veteran and impair areas such as work, school and family. Failure to maintain relationships often manifests in the Veteran’s social life and may be exemplified in marital problems, limited social life and difficulty maintaining employment, among others.
Furthermore, a Veteran at 70% may possess what VA law qualifies as “obsessional rituals” that interfere with daily life, as well as a lack in personal hygiene. The Veteran’s speech commonly becomes illogical, irrelevant or obscure. The Veteran is prone to irritability, violence, depression, near-continuous panic and thoughts of suicide or depression affecting ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively. The Veteran struggles socially.
If you or someone you know feels like they qualify for VA benefits for PTSD, please feel free to contact our office. Our staff will gladly help you through the claims process and make sure you get the benefits you deserve. Call us toll free at 1-877-526-3457. Or Tell us about your case.
- Smoke and Mirrors; How the VA is Spinning the Backlog - November 25, 2015
- Exciting Events Coming to Parkersburg Veterans Week 2015 - November 6, 2015
- New VA App Helps With Disability Questions - October 30, 2015
- Nexus Letters and Your VA Disability Claim - September 28, 2015
- Meet our newest VA Disability Attorney, Lindsey Bailey - September 8, 2015
- Answers to the most common questions Veterans have about VA Disability - September 2, 2015
- The United States Coast Guard: A Fascinating 225-Year-Old - August 4, 2015
- (Almost) Everything Veterans Need To Know About eBenefits - July 24, 2015
- 5 Simple Rules For Filing Your VA Disability Appeal - July 14, 2015
- New Air Force Veterans May Be Eligible for Agent Orange Presumptive Benefits - July 2, 2015