Just like physical conditions, the VA evaluates mental conditions and assigns ratings due to their severity. In terms of service-connecting PTSD, a Veteran can receive a rating of 0%, 10%, 30%, 50%, 70% and 100%. Let’s discuss the rating of 70% to better understand the ratings.
A Veteran who is rated at 70% suffers from all of the symptoms assigned at 50%, but to a higher degree. Stressful circumstances prove especially difficult for the Veteran and impair areas such as work, school and family. Failure to maintain relationships often manifests in the Veteran’s social life and may be exemplified in marital problems, limited social life and difficulty maintaining employment, among others.
Furthermore, a Veteran at 70% may possess what VA law qualifies as “obsessional rituals” that interfere with daily life, as well as a lack in personal hygiene. The Veteran’s speech commonly becomes illogical, irrelevant or obscure. The Veteran is prone to irritability, violence, depression, near-continuous panic and thoughts of suicide or depression affecting ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively. The Veteran struggles socially.
If you or someone you know feels like they qualify for VA benefits for PTSD, please feel free to contact our office. Our staff will gladly help you through the claims process and make sure you get the benefits you deserve. Call us toll free at 1-877-526-3457. Or Tell us about your case.
- 6 things Veterans Need to Remember About the VA Disability Process - July 19, 2016
- The 5 Most Common Issues Veterans Have with Dependents - July 14, 2016
- Agent Orange Ship List Updated Again - July 5, 2016
- Taking another look at the VA Disability Timeline - June 20, 2016
- The Evolution of Combat: How a New Generation of Pilots Service Connect for PTSD - June 6, 2016
- How I learned to truly appreciate Memorial Day - May 27, 2016
- House Bill Seeks to Expand Agent Orange Presumptive Benefits to Blue Water Vietnam Veterans - May 23, 2016
- How finding the right VA attorney is like finding the right car dealer - May 18, 2016
- You Had One Job…and here is how it impacts your VA Disability Claim - May 4, 2016
- Better Call Jan: 10 Things Veterans Need to Know About Hiring a VA Disability Attorney - April 6, 2016