So many of our Veterans are unaware of what disabilities they can actually apply for through the VA. Granted, it’s not the fault of the Veteran, but rather the overall lack of information being provided to them. I found this was the case early in my tenure working for our firm. When discussing Gulf War presumptive conditions I tend to sound like a late night add for muscle cream: “Do you have joint pain, headaches, or fatigue…if you answered yes to any of these questions than you may be eligible for Gulf War presumptive conditions.” The answer is usually yes, however, I always ask the follow up question, have you ever filed for these conditions, and the answer is often no.
So, besides not knowing that they can file for joint pain, why do so many Veterans refrain from filing for joint pain? From my experience, many Veterans explain that they just believed that it is from their age or the fact that they were in the military and that their bodies went through a lot of physical conditions. Well, most individuals returning from Iraq are in their 20’s or 30’s, and joint pain is not really typical of for people that young. The same holds true for most of the Gulf War Presumptive Conditions.
The important thing to remember if you are pursuing this type of claim is to seek treatment. While you don’t have to have a diagnosis while serving for these types of claims, you do have to seek treatment. If you are interested in learning more about this topic, or would like to have a free case evaluation, give me a call. 1-877-526-3457. If you would like for me to contact you, fill out this form, and I will give you a call back.
- Camp Lejeune Presumptive Benefits Approved for Veterans - March 15, 2017
- Learn how buddy statements can help your VA Disability Claim - March 15, 2017
- How Veterans Service Connect for Headaches and Migraines - February 9, 2017
- How Disabled Veterans Can Receive Student Loan Forgiveness - January 23, 2017
- Knee Issues and Your Veterans Disability Claim - December 19, 2016
- 5 Tips for Veterans this Holiday Season - November 17, 2016
- Which Disability is Claimed the Most by Veterans? - October 24, 2016
- What I Learned from Attending Two Large Veteran’s Stand Downs - October 21, 2016
- Does the Way a Veteran Look Impact Their PTSD Claim - October 6, 2016
- 5 Ways the VA Has Made Improvements Over the Past 5 Years - September 19, 2016