So many of our Veterans are unaware of what disabilities they can actually apply for through the VA. Granted, it’s not the fault of the Veteran, but rather the overall lack of information being provided to them. I found this was the case early in my tenure working for our firm. When discussing Gulf War presumptive conditions I tend to sound like a late night add for muscle cream: “Do you have joint pain, headaches, or fatigue…if you answered yes to any of these questions than you may be eligible for Gulf War presumptive conditions.” The answer is usually yes, however, I always ask the follow up question, have you ever filed for these conditions, and the answer is often no.
So, besides not knowing that they can file for joint pain, why do so many Veterans refrain from filing for joint pain? From my experience, many Veterans explain that they just believed that it is from their age or the fact that they were in the military and that their bodies went through a lot of physical conditions. Well, most individuals returning from Iraq are in their 20’s or 30’s, and joint pain is not really typical of for people that young. The same holds true for most of the Gulf War Presumptive Conditions.
The important thing to remember if you are pursuing this type of claim is to seek treatment. While you don’t have to have a diagnosis while serving for these types of claims, you do have to seek treatment. If you are interested in learning more about this topic, or would like to have a free case evaluation, give me a call. 1-877-526-3457. If you would like for me to contact you, fill out this form, and I will give you a call back.
- What Are The Basic Requirements to Receive VA Disability Benefits? - December 6, 2017
- Procrastination and Your VA Disability Claim - November 17, 2017
- How Veterans Use Meditation to Alleviate PTSD Symptoms - October 20, 2017
- Veterans Disability Compensation and Incarceration - September 25, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 2) 8 Things I Wish I Knew About a CPAP Machine - July 21, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 1) - July 21, 2017
- Guitar Heroes Come To Parkersburg - July 14, 2017
- Individual Unemployability vs. 100% Schedular Rating - May 15, 2017
- Coast Guard Veterans and PTSD - April 18, 2017
- Who is Considered a Veteran? - April 7, 2017