While the VA has made big strides in the backlog, it is still an issue for hundreds of thousands of Veterans. As of November, the VA backlog was 392,473. That number alone may not seem significant. However, we decided to compare the backlog with a few other things from around the world to put it in perspective. The VA considers a claim to be backlogged if it is more than 125 days old.
We know comparing the backlog to album sales isn’t oranges to oranges. We are just showing how it compares to some other statistics.
It should be noted that our graphic was completed using the information from VA report dated November 25th, 2013. The VA does release these reports every Monday. Two weeks later, that number has increased to 395,358 claims backlogged. To learn more about how the backlog is affecting claims, read this blog about preliminary decisions. If you would like to learn more about the services we provide, give us a call for a free consultation. Our toll free number is 1-877-526-3457. You can also fill out this form, and we will give you call. We have also written a book about the VA Disability process. To request a free copy (including shipping) click here.
- Camp Lejeune Presumptive Benefits Approved for Veterans - March 15, 2017
- Learn how buddy statements can help your VA Disability Claim - March 15, 2017
- How Veterans Service Connect for Headaches and Migraines - February 9, 2017
- How Disabled Veterans Can Receive Student Loan Forgiveness - January 23, 2017
- Knee Issues and Your Veterans Disability Claim - December 19, 2016
- 5 Tips for Veterans this Holiday Season - November 17, 2016
- Which Disability is Claimed the Most by Veterans? - October 24, 2016
- What I Learned from Attending Two Large Veteran’s Stand Downs - October 21, 2016
- Does the Way a Veteran Look Impact Their PTSD Claim - October 6, 2016
- 5 Ways the VA Has Made Improvements Over the Past 5 Years - September 19, 2016