While the VA has made big strides in the backlog, it is still an issue for hundreds of thousands of Veterans. As of November, the VA backlog was 392,473. That number alone may not seem significant. However, we decided to compare the backlog with a few other things from around the world to put it in perspective. The VA considers a claim to be backlogged if it is more than 125 days old.
We know comparing the backlog to album sales isn’t oranges to oranges. We are just showing how it compares to some other statistics.
It should be noted that our graphic was completed using the information from VA report dated November 25th, 2013. The VA does release these reports every Monday. Two weeks later, that number has increased to 395,358 claims backlogged. To learn more about how the backlog is affecting claims, read this blog about preliminary decisions. If you would like to learn more about the services we provide, give us a call for a free consultation. Our toll free number is 1-877-526-3457. You can also fill out this form, and we will give you call. We have also written a book about the VA Disability process. To request a free copy (including shipping) click here.
- How I learned to truly appreciate Memorial Day - May 27, 2016
- House Bill Seeks to Expand Agent Orange Presumptive Benefits to Blue Water Vietnam Veterans - May 23, 2016
- How finding the right VA attorney is like finding the right car dealer - May 18, 2016
- You Had One Job…and here is how it impacts your VA Disability Claim - May 4, 2016
- Better Call Jan: 10 Things Veterans Need to Know About Hiring a VA Disability Attorney - April 6, 2016
- 5 Real Issues All Veterans Need to Know About the VA Disability Timeline - March 11, 2016
- Get to know the face of our blog - March 7, 2016
- Why some law firms won’t help Veterans with their initial application for disability benefits - January 21, 2016
- 7 Goals Veterans Should Set For VA Disability Claims In 2016 - January 4, 2016
- Smoke and Mirrors; How the VA is Spinning the Backlog - November 25, 2015