While the VA has made big strides in the backlog, it is still an issue for hundreds of thousands of Veterans. As of November, the VA backlog was 392,473. That number alone may not seem significant. However, we decided to compare the backlog with a few other things from around the world to put it in perspective. The VA considers a claim to be backlogged if it is more than 125 days old.
We know comparing the backlog to album sales isn’t oranges to oranges. We are just showing how it compares to some other statistics.
It should be noted that our graphic was completed using the information from VA report dated November 25th, 2013. The VA does release these reports every Monday. Two weeks later, that number has increased to 395,358 claims backlogged. To learn more about how the backlog is affecting claims, read this blog about preliminary decisions. If you would like to learn more about the services we provide, give us a call for a free consultation. Our toll free number is 1-877-526-3457. You can also fill out this form, and we will give you call. We have also written a book about the VA Disability process. To request a free copy (including shipping) click here.
- (Almost) Everything Veterans Need To Know About eBenefits - July 24, 2015
- 5 Simple Rules For Filing Your VA Disability Appeal - July 14, 2015
- New Air Force Veterans May Be Eligible for Agent Orange Presumptive Benefits - July 2, 2015
- 6 Examples of Poor Non-Combat PTSD Stressors - June 26, 2015
- Helping Veterans Prepare for Independence Day - June 23, 2015
- Are you eligible to receive VA Healthcare? - June 5, 2015
- What Veterans Need to Know About Meniere’s Disease - June 1, 2015
- Veterans Make Use of Social Media to Reconnect - May 26, 2015
- An Open Discussion Regarding Military Sexual Trauma - May 5, 2015
- The Right Way, and The Wrong Way, to File VA Disability Claims - April 30, 2015