If you are a Veteran who has a claim pending through the VA, one thing you must prepare for is a long wait. At the current time, the entire timeline can take between two and four years for your final decision. When informed of the above, many Veterans are curious as to why it takes so long. It is actually quite simple. The VA regional offices are getting backed up. With the large amount of claims coming through the regional offices, there is a large back log. Some regional offices can have as many as 20,000 claims pending.
It is also important to know that your location has a lot to do with this timeline too. For instance, a regional office located in a major metropolitan area, like Chicago or New York City will likely be more backed up then those located in more rural areas.
It can be a long and difficult process, but that can be helped by not going at it alone. The attorneys at Jan Dils Attorneys at Law can help you get the VA Disability Benefits you deserve. See why we don’t take no for an answer and why we Fight for Vets.
- Procrastination and Your VA Disability Claim - November 17, 2017
- How Veterans Use Meditation to Alleviate PTSD Symptoms - October 20, 2017
- Veterans Disability Compensation and Incarceration - September 25, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 2) 8 Things I Wish I Knew About a CPAP Machine - July 21, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 1) - July 21, 2017
- Guitar Heroes Come To Parkersburg - July 14, 2017
- Individual Unemployability vs. 100% Schedular Rating - May 15, 2017
- Coast Guard Veterans and PTSD - April 18, 2017
- Who is Considered a Veteran? - April 7, 2017
- Learn How Our C-File Review Team Better Serves Veterans - April 3, 2017