If you are a Veteran who has a claim pending through the VA, one thing you must prepare for is a long wait. At the current time, the entire timeline can take between two and four years for your final decision. When informed of the above, many Veterans are curious as to why it takes so long. It is actually quite simple. The VA regional offices are getting backed up. With the large amount of claims coming through the regional offices, there is a large back log. Some regional offices can have as many as 20,000 claims pending.
It is also important to know that your location has a lot to do with this timeline too. For instance, a regional office located in a major metropolitan area, like Chicago or New York City will likely be more backed up then those located in more rural areas.
It can be a long and difficult process, but that can be helped by not going at it alone. The attorneys at Jan Dils Attorneys at Law can help you get the VA Disability Benefits you deserve. See why we don’t take no for an answer and why we Fight for Vets.
- (Almost) Everything Veterans Need To Know About eBenefits - July 24, 2015
- 5 Simple Rules For Filing Your VA Disability Appeal - July 14, 2015
- New Air Force Veterans May Be Eligible for Agent Orange Presumptive Benefits - July 2, 2015
- 6 Examples of Poor Non-Combat PTSD Stressors - June 26, 2015
- Helping Veterans Prepare for Independence Day - June 23, 2015
- Are you eligible to receive VA Healthcare? - June 5, 2015
- What Veterans Need to Know About Meniere’s Disease - June 1, 2015
- Veterans Make Use of Social Media to Reconnect - May 26, 2015
- An Open Discussion Regarding Military Sexual Trauma - May 5, 2015
- The Right Way, and The Wrong Way, to File VA Disability Claims - April 30, 2015