If you are a Veteran who has a claim pending through the VA, one thing you must prepare for is a long wait. At the current time, the entire timeline can take between two and four years for your final decision. When informed of the above, many Veterans are curious as to why it takes so long. It is actually quite simple. The VA regional offices are getting backed up. With the large amount of claims coming through the regional offices, there is a large back log. Some regional offices can have as many as 20,000 claims pending.
It is also important to know that your location has a lot to do with this timeline too. For instance, a regional office located in a major metropolitan area, like Chicago or New York City will likely be more backed up then those located in more rural areas.
It can be a long and difficult process, but that can be helped by not going at it alone. The attorneys at Jan Dils Attorneys at Law can help you get the VA Disability Benefits you deserve. See why we don’t take no for an answer and why we Fight for Vets.
- How a Conversation with a Veteran 5 Years Ago Helped Me Realize I Was in the Right Career Field - August 26, 2016
- 6 Things You Probably Don’t Know About The United States Coast Guard - August 4, 2016
- What if You Didn’t Treat in Service? - August 3, 2016
- 6 things Veterans Need to Remember About the VA Disability Process - July 19, 2016
- The 5 Most Common Issues Veterans Have with Dependents - July 14, 2016
- Agent Orange Ship List Updated Again - July 5, 2016
- Taking another look at the VA Disability Timeline - June 20, 2016
- The Evolution of Combat: How a New Generation of Pilots Service Connect for PTSD - June 6, 2016
- How I learned to truly appreciate Memorial Day - May 27, 2016
- House Bill Seeks to Expand Agent Orange Presumptive Benefits to Blue Water Vietnam Veterans - May 23, 2016