If you are a Veteran who has a claim pending through the VA, one thing you must prepare for is a long wait. At the current time, the entire timeline can take between two and four years for your final decision. When informed of the above, many Veterans are curious as to why it takes so long. It is actually quite simple. The VA regional offices are getting backed up. With the large amount of claims coming through the regional offices, there is a large back log. Some regional offices can have as many as 20,000 claims pending.
It is also important to know that your location has a lot to do with this timeline too. For instance, a regional office located in a major metropolitan area, like Chicago or New York City will likely be more backed up then those located in more rural areas.
It can be a long and difficult process, but that can be helped by not going at it alone. The attorneys at Jan Dils Attorneys at Law can help you get the VA Disability Benefits you deserve. See why we don’t take no for an answer and why we Fight for Vets.
- House Bill Seeks to Expand Agent Orange Presumptive Benefits to Blue Water Vietnam Veterans - May 23, 2016
- How finding the right VA attorney is like finding the right car dealer - May 18, 2016
- You Had One Job…and here is how it impacts your VA Disability Claim - May 4, 2016
- Better Call Jan: 10 Things Veterans Need to Know About Hiring a VA Disability Attorney - April 6, 2016
- 5 Real Issues All Veterans Need to Know About the VA Disability Timeline - March 11, 2016
- Get to know the face of our blog - March 7, 2016
- Why some law firms won’t help Veterans with their initial application for disability benefits - January 21, 2016
- 7 Goals Veterans Should Set For VA Disability Claims In 2016 - January 4, 2016
- Smoke and Mirrors; How the VA is Spinning the Backlog - November 25, 2015
- Exciting Events Coming to Parkersburg Veterans Week 2015 - November 6, 2015