If you are a Veteran who has a claim pending through the VA, one thing you must prepare for is a long wait. At the current time, the entire timeline can take between two and four years for your final decision. When informed of the above, many Veterans are curious as to why it takes so long. It is actually quite simple. The VA regional offices are getting backed up. With the large amount of claims coming through the regional offices, there is a large back log. Some regional offices can have as many as 20,000 claims pending.
It is also important to know that your location has a lot to do with this timeline too. For instance, a regional office located in a major metropolitan area, like Chicago or New York City will likely be more backed up then those located in more rural areas.
It can be a long and difficult process, but that can be helped by not going at it alone. The attorneys at Jan Dils Attorneys at Law can help you get the VA Disability Benefits you deserve. See why we don’t take no for an answer and why we Fight for Vets.
- The Truth About How Gun Ownership Impacts Veterans with PTSD - March 26, 2015
- 6 Things to look for when selecting a VA Disability Attorney - February 10, 2015
- Don’t Take “NO” for an Answer: 5 Tips to Remember When Your VA Claim Gets Denied - February 2, 2015
- Motorcycle clubs can make a difference for Veterans with PTSD - January 15, 2015
- How Veterans can service connect for knee instability - January 7, 2015
- 5 goals Veterans should set in 2015 in order to get service connected - December 31, 2014
- PTSD; It’s not the same for every Veteran - December 5, 2014
- What New and Material evidence means for a Closed VA Disability Claim - November 28, 2014
- What Should You Do if the VA Takes Your Benefits Away? - November 19, 2014
- How to Get The Benefits You Deserve (Part Two) - November 13, 2014