We are excited to announce that our Veteran’s charity event, the Walk4Vets, will return in 2014! Started by Jan Dils in 2011, the Walk4Vets is an annual event held in the Mid-Ohio Valley that benefits local Veterans Organizations. After a one year hiatus, the Walk4Vets will return in September of 2014. In 2012 the law firm raised nearly $18,000 for local Veterans charities. While we were happy to raise that amount, we knew we could do better. In the year off we decided to make some large changes that will be announced at a later time.
One thing we are very pleased to announce is our new beneficiary. For the first time, proceeds from the Walk4Vets will benefit the West Virginia University at Parkersburg Veterans Corps. The members of the West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Veterans Corps support each other in their endeavor to continue their education. We started our relationship with the Veterans Corps this year, and are happy to continue with them into the future.
In the past year, the employees of Jan Dils Attorneys at Law kept the spirit of the Walk4Vets alive by hosting several smaller events to benefit the Walk4Vets Foundation. In 2013 we held our first ever Scrap4Vets which benefited the foundation. This highly successful scrapbooking/craft event will return in 2014. The firm hosted a Veterans Day cookout this year that benefited the Walk as well.
While we can’t announce all of the details for the walk yet, we can shed light on a few things. We will once again have live music, games, and plenty of entertaining activities for kids. Mark your calendars for Saturday September 13th 2014! Stay tuned to our blog, as well as our website, for further information regarding the 2014 Walk4Vets! Like us on Facebook to stay up to date on all of our upcoming events.
- Veterans Disability Compensation and Incarceration - September 25, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 2) 8 Things I Wish I Knew About a CPAP Machine - July 21, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 1) - July 21, 2017
- Guitar Heroes Come To Parkersburg - July 14, 2017
- Individual Unemployability vs. 100% Schedular Rating - May 15, 2017
- Coast Guard Veterans and PTSD - April 18, 2017
- Who is Considered a Veteran? - April 7, 2017
- Learn How Our C-File Review Team Better Serves Veterans - April 3, 2017
- Camp Lejeune Presumptive Benefits Approved for Veterans - March 15, 2017
- I Get a Little Help From My Friends; How Buddy Statements Impact Your VA Claim - March 15, 2017