As a Veteran who has filed a claim for Disability Compensation, you are probably anxiously awaiting your decision. When that decision finally comes, a few different things may occur. What we all hope will happen is that the VA will approve your claims. When your decision arrives, it is also possible that you will get denied. However, did you know that a claim can also be deferred?
What exactly does it mean when your claim is deferred? Simply stated, a deferred decision means you have to wait a little longer for the VA to decide your claim. There are several reasons why the VA may decide to defer a claim, but the most common reason is that they are still evaluating the medical evidence submitted for your claim.
It is important to know that a decision that comes back deferred only occurs when there are multiple claims pending. This situation is best described in the following scenario: Let’s say you filed a claim for PTSD, hearing loss, and headaches. It is possible that the VA would grant your hearing loss, deny your PTSD, and defer your headaches. The VA had enough evidence to approve one claim, deny the other, but not enough make a decision either way on your headaches.
If you only had one claim pending through the VA, they would not send back a deferment. Instead, they would just wait until they were able to either approve or deny the claim before they would send you anything.
This process can be quite confusing, especially when it comes to appealing these claims. Give our office a call today to see what we can do to the take away some of the stress associated with VA Disability Compensation. 1-877-526-3457
- How Veterans Service Connect for Headaches and Migraines - February 9, 2017
- How Disabled Veterans Can Receive Student Loan Forgiveness - January 23, 2017
- Knee Issues and Your Veterans Disability Claim - December 19, 2016
- 5 Tips for Veterans this Holiday Season - November 17, 2016
- Which Disability is Claimed the Most by Veterans? - October 24, 2016
- What I Learned from Attending Two Large Veteran’s Stand Downs - October 21, 2016
- Does the Way a Veteran Look Impact Their PTSD Claim - October 6, 2016
- 5 Ways the VA Has Made Improvements Over the Past 5 Years - September 19, 2016
- Camp Lejeune Presumptive List May Soon be a Reality for Thousands of Veterans - September 12, 2016
- How a Conversation with a Veteran 5 Years Ago Helped Me Realize I Was in the Right Career Field - August 26, 2016