As a Veteran who has filed a claim for Disability Compensation, you are probably anxiously awaiting your decision. When that decision finally comes, a few different things may occur. What we all hope will happen is that the VA will approve your claims. When your decision arrives, it is also possible that you will get denied. However, did you know that a claim can also be deferred?
What exactly does it mean when your claim is deferred? Simply stated, a deferred decision means you have to wait a little longer for the VA to decide your claim. There are several reasons why the VA may decide to defer a claim, but the most common reason is that they are still evaluating the medical evidence submitted for your claim.
It is important to know that a decision that comes back deferred only occurs when there are multiple claims pending. This situation is best described in the following scenario: Let’s say you filed a claim for PTSD, hearing loss, and headaches. It is possible that the VA would grant your hearing loss, deny your PTSD, and defer your headaches. The VA had enough evidence to approve one claim, deny the other, but not enough make a decision either way on your headaches.
If you only had one claim pending through the VA, they would not send back a deferment. Instead, they would just wait until they were able to either approve or deny the claim before they would send you anything.
This process can be quite confusing, especially when it comes to appealing these claims. Give our office a call today to see what we can do to the take away some of the stress associated with VA Disability Compensation. 1-877-526-3457
- How a Prehearing Helps Your VA Disability Claim - January 5, 2018
- What Does Evidence Mean In A VA Disability Claim? - January 3, 2018
- What Are The Basic Requirements to Receive VA Disability Benefits? - December 6, 2017
- Procrastination and Your VA Disability Claim - November 17, 2017
- How Veterans Use Meditation to Alleviate PTSD Symptoms - October 20, 2017
- Veterans Disability Compensation and Incarceration - September 25, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 2) 8 Things I Wish I Knew About a CPAP Machine - July 21, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 1) - July 21, 2017
- Guitar Heroes Come To Parkersburg - July 14, 2017
- Individual Unemployability vs. 100% Schedular Rating - May 15, 2017