As a Veteran who has filed a claim for Disability Compensation, you are probably anxiously awaiting your decision. When that decision finally comes, a few different things may occur. What we all hope will happen is that the VA will approve your claims. When your decision arrives, it is also possible that you will get denied. However, did you know that a claim can also be deferred?
What exactly does it mean when your claim is deferred? Simply stated, a deferred decision means you have to wait a little longer for the VA to decide your claim. There are several reasons why the VA may decide to defer a claim, but the most common reason is that they are still evaluating the medical evidence submitted for your claim.
It is important to know that a decision that comes back deferred only occurs when there are multiple claims pending. This situation is best described in the following scenario: Let’s say you filed a claim for PTSD, hearing loss, and headaches. It is possible that the VA would grant your hearing loss, deny your PTSD, and defer your headaches. The VA had enough evidence to approve one claim, deny the other, but not enough make a decision either way on your headaches.
If you only had one claim pending through the VA, they would not send back a deferment. Instead, they would just wait until they were able to either approve or deny the claim before they would send you anything.
This process can be quite confusing, especially when it comes to appealing these claims. Give our office a call today to see what we can do to the take away some of the stress associated with VA Disability Compensation. 1-877-526-3457
- (Almost) Everything Veterans Need To Know About eBenefits - July 24, 2015
- 5 Simple Rules For Filing Your VA Disability Appeal - July 14, 2015
- New Air Force Veterans May Be Eligible for Agent Orange Presumptive Benefits - July 2, 2015
- 6 Examples of Poor Non-Combat PTSD Stressors - June 26, 2015
- Helping Veterans Prepare for Independence Day - June 23, 2015
- Are you eligible to receive VA Healthcare? - June 5, 2015
- What Veterans Need to Know About Meniere’s Disease - June 1, 2015
- Veterans Make Use of Social Media to Reconnect - May 26, 2015
- An Open Discussion Regarding Military Sexual Trauma - May 5, 2015
- The Right Way, and The Wrong Way, to File VA Disability Claims - April 30, 2015