What exactly is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? I found myself asking this exact question when researching Gulf War Syndrome. After all, we all get fatigued from time to time. So, what exactly makes it “chronic?” I decided to check out the VA website, and they actually had some really helpful information.
According to the VA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or CFS, is an unexplained, severe and persistent fatigue that is not helped by rest. There may be flu-like symptoms such as sore throat, swollen lymph glands, low-grade fever, headache, muscle pain, and poor sleep. CFS often limits the person’s previous ability to carry on daily activities.
From the above explanation we can tell this goes a lot further than just feeling tired from time to time. While it is difficult to diagnose, Gulf War Veterans who meet the criteria do not need to prove a connection between their military service and illnesses in order to receive VA disability compensation. However, just like with any condition, you have to submit medical evidence stating that you have complained of this to a medical professional, sought treatment for it, and have a diagnosis of CFS.
While Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is just one aspect of Gulf War Illness, we have a lot of Veterans complaining of this specific issue. Even more alarming is the fact that so many of these younger Veterans are not aware that they can even file a claim for CFS. If you think you have CFS, speak to a medical professional as soon as you can, and then look into filing a claim. If you would rather not do this on your own, give us a call today for a free consultation. Or you can fill out this form and we will call you.
- Camp Lejeune Presumptive Benefits Approved for Veterans - March 15, 2017
- Learn how buddy statements can help your VA Disability Claim - March 15, 2017
- How Veterans Service Connect for Headaches and Migraines - February 9, 2017
- How Disabled Veterans Can Receive Student Loan Forgiveness - January 23, 2017
- Knee Issues and Your Veterans Disability Claim - December 19, 2016
- 5 Tips for Veterans this Holiday Season - November 17, 2016
- Which Disability is Claimed the Most by Veterans? - October 24, 2016
- What I Learned from Attending Two Large Veteran’s Stand Downs - October 21, 2016
- Does the Way a Veteran Look Impact Their PTSD Claim - October 6, 2016
- 5 Ways the VA Has Made Improvements Over the Past 5 Years - September 19, 2016