What exactly is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? I found myself asking this exact question when researching Gulf War Syndrome. After all, we all get fatigued from time to time. So, what exactly makes it “chronic?” I decided to check out the VA website, and they actually had some really helpful information.
According to the VA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or CFS, is an unexplained, severe and persistent fatigue that is not helped by rest. There may be flu-like symptoms such as sore throat, swollen lymph glands, low-grade fever, headache, muscle pain, and poor sleep. CFS often limits the person’s previous ability to carry on daily activities.
From the above explanation we can tell this goes a lot further than just feeling tired from time to time. While it is difficult to diagnose, Gulf War Veterans who meet the criteria do not need to prove a connection between their military service and illnesses in order to receive VA disability compensation. However, just like with any condition, you have to submit medical evidence stating that you have complained of this to a medical professional, sought treatment for it, and have a diagnosis of CFS.
While Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is just one aspect of Gulf War Illness, we have a lot of Veterans complaining of this specific issue. Even more alarming is the fact that so many of these younger Veterans are not aware that they can even file a claim for CFS. If you think you have CFS, speak to a medical professional as soon as you can, and then look into filing a claim. If you would rather not do this on your own, give us a call today for a free consultation. Or you can fill out this form and we will call you.
- How a Prehearing Helps Your VA Disability Claim - January 5, 2018
- What Does Evidence Mean In A VA Disability Claim? - January 3, 2018
- What Are The Basic Requirements to Receive VA Disability Benefits? - December 6, 2017
- Procrastination and Your VA Disability Claim - November 17, 2017
- How Veterans Use Meditation to Alleviate PTSD Symptoms - October 20, 2017
- Veterans Disability Compensation and Incarceration - September 25, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 2) 8 Things I Wish I Knew About a CPAP Machine - July 21, 2017
- My Sleep Apnea Journey (Part 1) - July 21, 2017
- Guitar Heroes Come To Parkersburg - July 14, 2017
- Individual Unemployability vs. 100% Schedular Rating - May 15, 2017