MST includes any sexual activity where someone is involved against their will. This can include sexual activities with threats of negative actions for refusing or with implied advancement or better treatment for sexual favors. This also may include sexual activities when unable to consent, such as when intoxicated. This also may include being forced into sexual activities, unwanted sexual touching, threatening or offensive remarks, or unwelcome sexual advances.
Even if the event was not reported, it may be granted service connection. Information that will help a case is a statement from someone you may have told about or wrote to about what happened. This could be a friend, relative, pastor, etc. Also, your service treatments records will be reviewed to see if there was a change in number or type of complaints of conditions for which you sought treatment. Your personnel record also will be reviewed to see if there is a change in your performance, assignments, and/or transfers.
MST can affect you both physically and mentally when the event happens or many years later. You can recover. The VA provides free, confidential counseling and treatment for conditions related to MST. You do not need to be service connected and may be able to receive this benefit even if you are not eligible for other VA care.
MST is not always easy to talk about. We have a caring and compassionate staff willing to help you through the VA claims process. If you have questions about this, give us a call. Our number is 1-877-838-3726. Or Tell us about your case.
- Everything you need to know about a C&P Exam! - July 25, 2012
- Can I Hire an Attorney for a VA Claim? - March 13, 2012
- What is a NOD? - March 8, 2012
- What is VA Pension? - March 5, 2012
- What is a VCAA on a VA Disability Claim? - March 1, 2012
- Can I Collect DIC if my Spouse Committed Suicide? - February 20, 2012
- How Does the VA Determine a 100% Rating for PTSD? - February 15, 2012
- How does the VA Determine a 50% Rating for PTSD? - February 13, 2012
- What is MST in a VA Disability Claim? - February 10, 2012
- A lot of Veterans have been told - January 27, 2012