You've served your country well.

Honor is due.

Contact us today at 1.877.VETERAN



Home / Categories / General Information


What is VA Disability Compensation?

By Jon Corra · November 4, 2011

A lot of Veterans have VA Disability claims pending, and are well versed in the Disability Claim process. However, if you are recently discharged, or if you have not applied before, you may not know what VA Disability Compensation is, or who is eligible to receive the benefit.

The VA defines Disability Compensation as the following:

Disability Compensation: A monetary benefit paid to Veterans who are disabled by an injury or illness that was incurred or aggravated during active military service. These disabilities are considered to be service-connected. Disability compensation varies with the degree of disability and the number of a Veteran's dependents, and is paid monthly. Veterans with certain severe disabilities may be eligible for additional special monthly compensation. The benefits are not subject to federal or state income tax. The payment of military retirement pay, disability severance pay and separation incentive payments known as SSB (Special

Separation Benefits) and VSI (Voluntary Separation Incentives), and Combat-Related Special Compensation affect the amount of VA compensation paid to disabled Veterans. To be eligible, the service of the Veteran must have been terminated through separation or discharge under conditions other than dishonorable.

That definition is a little complicated. If you are interested in finding out more about VA Disability Compensation, feel free to give our office a call: 1-877-526-3457 One of our experienced staff members will be more than happy to help you determine if you are eligible. At Jan Dils Attorneys at Law, are dedicated to helping Veterans get the benefits they deserve.

Initial Application for VA Disability Benefits

By Jon Corra · November 2, 2011

When a Veteran first decides he wants to file for VA disability benefits, he may be faced with a few obstacles. The first thing one must do is apply for VA disability benefits. To this is quite simple. You must fill out a VA Form 21-526. Obtaining this form is quite easy. You can print it off of the VA Website.

Fill the form out completely, and then submit it to your VA Regional office. This process can be made easier once you become a client of Jan Dils Attorneys at Law. Even if you have not applied for your VA Disability Compensation, give us a call, and we will be more than happy to give you a free phone consultation: 1-877-526-3457.Once you become a client of ours, we will send you a 21-526. Send it back to us, along with the new client paperwork we send you, and we will review the forms before we submit them to the VA. This is just one of the many services we provide our clients.